Monday 2 October 2017

Too Excited to Sleep

I have such exciting news tonight: Bob the friendly Human has got me a ticket on a train to Man Chester to meet Mrs May and her clan.  One of her friends, Mr Shapps, says he will try to get Mr Gove to meet me.  Mr Gove is the man responsible for killing my Brian and many other badgers.  I want to ask him why.

This time tomorrow I will be in the North Country in a place where there is a lot of rain.  I  hope there are some trees to shelter under.  Bob tells me that there may be lots of other Humans in Man Chester protesting against Brexit- that strange subject that Humans spend so much time talking about.  They will also be demonstrating against Austerity which is something about not having enough Money, which I think is a kind of food that Humans need a lot of.  So I won't be on my own tomorrow, but I don't think there will be other Badgers. 

This is me excited about the journey:




I am staying tomorrow night with 2 Humen in something called an AIRBNB.  It is high up in the sky and I am not sure how I will be able to climb the 7 storeys.  As I mentioned yesterday, we Badgers don't like to poo near our setts so  I am sure someone will carry me up and down the stairs when I need to relieve myself.

One of Bob's Huwoman friends, Valerie, is not too keen on Badgers because they dug up the Bumble Bees in her garden and ate their honey and their larvae.  We do that... just like bears.  I am sorry to upset Valerie who loves Nature.  If you know you have a Bumble Bee nest in your garden, then cover it with some tough metal with holes that the bees can get through but we can't.  But we are very strong diggers...  This is a Bee:



Must stop and get some foraging done now.  I hope Bob will leave out plenty of nuts for our long journey.

Betty X

No comments:

Post a Comment