Saturday 14 October 2017

Brexit Badger

Downing Street is so much fun as I meet so many different Humen, Huwomen and Hucubs each time I visit but, sigh, still not the Chief Conservatory Mrs May.  Betty Badger will have to try a new strategy ...

I, Betty Badger, and some Humen go to Downing Street hoping to have our voices heard, but I am not sure anyone is listening.  I met these people talking about wrongful imprisonment of some men in India.  They wished me luck and shook my paw:  




There is another person called Nazanin Ratcliffe who has been kept in a cage in Iran.  So it is not just Badgers that are being treated unjustly.  My Human friend Bob says that we are all prawns in the political chess game between powerful Humen.  I am not sure what that means but I do know that there are a lot of sad and angry Hupeople visiting Downing Street.

Once again the Humen in blue suits tried to avoid my eye but this time a Human in a blue suit actually came up to me and said I might like to go and visit The DEFRA next time.  Since it is The DEFRA that is killing the Badgers I think that is a very good plan.  Also, it means I can sit down when I get tired because you are not allowed to sit or lie on the ground near Downing street because of a special law.  

Also a Journalist came and took my picture and listened to my story.  



We agreed that I will never become famous and get the Badger Voice heard unless I can find a link with The Brexit.  I wonder if I should change my name to Brexit Badger.  Bob told me that the EU is part of the reason why Badgers are being killed.  Apparently Cows don't just stand around in fields all day but they give their milk and their boy Cowcubs to the Humen.  Some Cowcubs are killed but some of them, and the milk, are sent across the sea in huge boats.  The EUmans don't like the Cows if they have had an Inoculation against BTB so rather than giving cows  an Inoculation our DEFRA says to kill badgers instead.  I am sorry but I really don't understand the ways of Humen.  

I saw my favourite PoliceHuman again and he introduced me to his friends.  They were friendly too.  They have to stand up for hours - every day.  They must get so tired with all those toys to carry.


As I probably won't be visiting Mrs May again for a while I took some pictures of my trip back. This was the best thing I saw.  A gold deer with wings.  We don't get many of those in my countryside.


 And then I saw a Human standing on top of a big pole.  I would have been very dizzy indeed:


But the best thing of all was meeting the Pigeons.  They told me how, in the olden days, they used to live on cliffs by the sea.  But Humans drop so much food in cities that the pigeons decided to move from the seaside so they would get more food.  I don't think that would work for Badgers though- Humans don't drop many worms when they are out and about on their important business, which seems to consist in walking backwards and forwards very fast looking very worried.  One day they might turn into Tourists and look happier and walk more slowly.

I will now stay at home near my sett for a few days and continue to get it ready for The Cold Time.  I mentioned the other day that we Badgers eat lots of food this time of year to give ourselves fat reserves for those dark days. Badgers dream and the other night I dreamed that I grew so fat that I got stuck in my tunnel.  To be on the safe side, I am just making the tunnels a little wider...

Night Night 🐾🐾

2 comments:

  1. Dear Betty Badger, You really are the Guardian Angel of all Badgers. You are doing your best to Guard them and all living creatures. The Cosmic Badger Bless You, love and snuffles, Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Betty's Blog. I hope that The Cosmic Badger is big enough to look after all my Badger Friends- and you! x

      Delete