Wednesday 11 October 2017

Betty Revisits Mrs May

Yesterday I went back to Downing Street in London Town to try to see one of the Conservatories Mrs May or Mr Gove who are responsible for killing Badgers.  They don't leave their sett very often, unless they go through a secret tunnel.  Badgers have lots of entrances too so we can sometimes escape from creatures trying to hurt us. 



However Mrs May, the Chief Huwoman, has lots of visitors.  There are two types of Humen around her sett: the ones that protect her with flash-bang sticks 


and Humen in suits.  Most of them wear blue, which must be the Conservatories favourite colour. Here are the blue Humen:



I met loads of lovely Humen and Huwomen who looked very serious until I waved my paw at them and suddenly a big smile broke out on their faces.  I don't suppose they see many Badgers in central London Town.  I met a Hucouple from Australia who were very friendly and chatted for ages.  I met lots of Hucubs of all ages and the little ones asked me to do a badger dance... so I did.... quite a few times.  The older ones wanted to bang paws with me in something they called a Hi5.  A few Humen tapped me on the shoulder and said they were on my side.  Most of the Humen in blue suits tried to pretend they didn't see me, but I knew they did. 

I met one person, a Farmer, who shouted and me and said I was not innocent and I should be killed because I am responsible for the killing of all the Hedge Hogs.  I tried to explain that Badgers do eat a few Hedge Hogs, but we mostly eat Worms.  The main reason for the decline in Hedge Hogs is farming practices, housing developments and poor hedge management but, as usual, Humen don't want to hear the truth.

One other person I met was a Huwoman with a Dog as big as a Horse.  The Dog sniffed me a lot- I was worried... Here is the Dog with his Huwoman.  I am not sure of her chances of keeping hold of him if he saw a rabbit- but I guess there aren't too many rabbits in Whitehall:


I had my photo taken by Tourists from all around the World but the most exciting thing was that a Human took my picture and put it in the Book of Faces and lots of Hupeople said they Liked me.  Here is his picture:




I must mention a kind PoliceHuman who talked to me.  We both noticed a Dodgy Character and were worried that he might do something bad to Mrs May and the Tourists.  I kept an eye on him.... and hid behind a tree. This is the nice Policehuman and I hope I will see him tomorrow when I go back: 

Before I went home to my sett I thought it would be good to visit Canary Wharf which I thought would be full of Canaries.  It was a bit of a disappointment as there wasn't a single bird of any kind because there were only a few trees, of the sort that birds don't like, but there were lots of people scurrying around like ants:


The buildings were very high indeed and touched the clouds.  Some of my pictures are very fuzzy because I felt so dizzy when I looked up at them:



I think it looks better fuzzy anyway.

I have to admit that I am feeling quite sad because it seems unfair that Mrs May and the Humen in suits are not listening to Betty Badger, or to the really clever Scientists who keep telling them that Badgers are not to blame for BTB.  I am extra sad because the nice Mr Jeremy Corbyn who likes Animals so much that he doesn't eat them, not even Worms, isn't doing anything to help us either.  I did write to him but the Hupeople that surround him didn't give him my letter.  

Tomorrow is another day.  Perhaps I will meet a Huperson who will listen and not have their fingers in their ears.  We Badgers can't put our fingers in our ears because our claws are too long and we would hurt our brains...But they are very useful for digging.

Night night friends.  🐾🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment