Friday 2 February 2018

Betty invites her friends to come and play

I will be having my cubs soon so might have to have a week off from visiting Mr Gove and my DEFRA chums. I wonder if he will miss me....

My Huwoman friend had to go to a funeral on Thursday so she came with me to London Town on Tuesday.  Now that surprised and confused all my friends at DEFRA. Mr Gove was very busy coming and going in his silent Green black car and he had 2 chums with him.  They all waved and smiled at me- 3 TIMES!!! 

I dropped a letter from Huwoman Mary into Mr Gove's office asking why he had not replied to her letters of November and early January.  She asked him why he was continuing with the Cull when we Badgers are not to blame for Cows getting Bovine TB. She asked him how many of the 20,000 Badgers killed in seven weeks in Autumn had been tested to see if they had bTB.  I am only a Badger but I think these are important questions that need to be answered.

Sometimes i think Mr Gove prefers Elephants to Badgers as he spends a lot of time worrying about them.   Apparently they are HUGE and they could easily squash a Badger underfoot without noticing. The ones in the UK are in Prison while the ones in Africa and India are free but are shot like us Badgers by Horrible Humen who want to steal their horns.  These are Elephants:





I just found this picture of Mr Gove with some Cows which will have to do because I cannot find him with any Elephants.



I hope by now he realises that Badgers are not responsible for bovine TB in Cows and don't deserve to die...  

I did mention in my last BLog that I had a nice surprise this week when I met a Badger Lover celled Dominic Dyer outside DEFRA. He is the head Human of an organisation called The Badger Trust. He was very surprised to see a Badger in the middle of London Town.  He took a picture:



We agreed that it would be nice for Betty to have some company one day so:

You are all invited to join Betty and other Badger lovers outside DEFRA on Thursday 22nd February.  From around 12 until we get tired- probably around 2 or 3

I will have had my cubs by then and will try to bring one or two of them with me.  It would be lovely to see you all.

Finally I want to mention that I had a lovely chat with my Human with the white shirt .  He works for the Government , but does not kill Badgers.  I will name one of my cubs after him.  I also had a chat with another of my favourite Humen- the one who told me that the rain doesn't; need to affect me- apart from getting me wet of course...  Anyway, his favourite film is The Shawshank Redemption and in that a Human Prisoner wants a library of Books for the other Prisoners, so he wrote a letter very singe week for 6 years and eventually succeeded in getting  Books and lots of them.


So I have decided that I will be like that man and although I can't write well, I will go to DEFRA every week until we stop the Badger Kill Cull.  Badgers in the Wild normally live 6 years, so I hope that I don't have to go to DEFRA every week until I die......

By the way,  Badgers don't read books.  Apparently some Hupeople don't read books either.  For those of you who don't know, these are books:



They are made of trees and contain patterns in ink called letters and words which tell stories like what my blog has, but not on a computer.  We all like stories don't we?

Hoping to get to DEFRA on Thursday and I must remember not to say "Boo" to anyone.  A man was looking at his phone this week and nearly walked in to me so I said "Boo".  He was quite shocked and  gave me a look that suggested that he definitely did not want to be Betty Badger's friend... 

Night night,  Betty  🐾🐾

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I'll be at work all day on 22nd, which is a shame because I would love to shake your paw and perhaps give you a friendly hug and it would have been wonderful to meet your new baby cubs.
    Lots of good wishes.
    Wendé xxx
    Big badgery love to you, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wende. So lovely to hear from you. Sorry that we won't be able to meet this time around, but do tell your friends and perhaps they can come along instead. Sending you a whiskery hug. Betty xxx

      Delete
  2. Dear Betty, I guess your cubs must be born by now. I hope you are all warm and snug in your sett. The winter has come back and Huwoman Mary has been dancing beautifully, striving to bring the energy of Spring out from under the ground.
    Mr. Gove will get a surprise if you and Huwoman Mary don't go to DEFRA this week. 'Where is the badger?', he will say to Sir Humphrey,as they waft by in the silent car. And the memory of you will create a little sparkle of light in his soul. He will notice the silence where your voice might have been,.. just for a second.
    How sad it must be for those who are burdened by unloving cold thoughts and judgements.
    You can think of Mr. Gove when you are curled up so snug and warm with the new cubs (hold him up to the light), and maybe a little more light will shine into his thinking and feeling.
    Huwoman Mary and you, Betty, carry light and love with you every time you go to DEFRA. My love goes with you too,
    Love, Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your loveliness Tom. You really are a true friend to Badgers and Hupeople. Yes, cubs are safe and well.... and hungry. New Blog just written. I don't think Mr Gove will miss Betty too much because he is on Half Term and is probably away somewhere warm. Still, I am very happy and snug with my 3 little cubs in the warm earth. Hope you are warm too. Betty xxx

    ReplyDelete