Tuesday 2 January 2018

Wonderful news and no Buts

The holidays have meant that my Human friends nave been a bit too busy to help me with my BLog, but everything is returning to normal now.  In any case it was so cold or so wet that we Badgers spent a lot of time underground to keep warm and escape the mud.

Anyway, I promised to tell you my wonderful news; Betty Badger is expecting cubs. Now, before you start accusing me of being unfaithful to my deceased Brian's memory and having a bit of slap and tickle with another boar, I must assure you that I have not.  Nor is it a miraculous impregnation like the Virgin Mary had that led to the birth of Jesus that so many Hupeople have been celebrating this December. In fact, Badgers, and a very few other Animals, have an ability to delay the implantation of our little embryo Badgers.  In fact we can hold on to them all safe and nurtured inside in suspended animation for over a year.  This is a Badger embryo:


I am expecting my new family members to be born in February, but I will keep visiting DEFRA while I am still able.  Now that I am having more babies I hope more than ever that the Badger Cull will be stopped this year.

As you know I was very upset to hear DEFRA's news about this Autumn's killing of 19,274 of my Badger friends.  They released the terrible news the night that Parliament closed and all the politicians were on their way home for their holidays and everyone else was so excited about the Christmas holidays to notice this tragedy.  I was so upset that I went straight down to DEFRA next morning wearing a new poster that my Human friend Larry made for me. I also wore Christmas lights and my santa hat to look festive.  Here is Larry's poster:


I have to admit that there were not many people at DEFRA on that Friday and those that were did not seem very friendly.  Probably they felt guilty. I came home to my sett feeling quite sad, but then was cheered up by hearing about all the other people who were upset about the killing too.  One Conservatory politician called Zac Goldsmith has called on  the Government to bring the Badger Killing to an end.  I think I will write to him to say thank you.

I have a wonderful event to look forward to in the next months but, like you Hupeople, I intend to make a new year's revolution.  My revolution is that I will work tirelessly until the cruel, unscientific killing of us Badger folk is brought to an end.  I hope that all my Human friends will also help look after their furry black and white cousins.

Happy New Year and Night Night,

Betty Badger
🐾🐾

2 comments:

  1. Dear Betty Badger, you must take extra good care of yourself in your blessed condition. I feel that little embryo you are carrying is your hope for the future.
    I know you will devote yourself to your revolution ... 'work[ing] tirelessly until the cruel, unscientific killing of us Badger folk is brought to an end'.
    And many who can't stand beside you will be carrying you in their hearts.
    Love, Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tom. You are a very nice and kind Human. It is good to know that there are some good Hupeople out there supporting me and my Badger friends. Betty xxx

      Delete