Thursday 11 January 2018

Wet Feet and Smelly Humans

Hello Human Friends, 

I Betty Badger, have been busy getting ready for the new arrival- or should I say arrivals... Only a few weeks now before we will hear the patter of tiny paws in the sett.  I am slowing down a little, but that didn't stop me going with my Huwoman friend Mary to see DEFRA today.  As usual we caught the silver tubeworm which was lovely and warm.  I bet some people stay down there all day in the Winter just to keep warm and dry- and to save on those Bills that Hupeople have to pay.  We Badgers don't have Bills, or credit cards, or mortgages.... although we do get shot.... 

We were lucky to meet Mr Gove again today. 


He has a driver who leads him around in a shiny black car made of electricity so you can't hear it coming.  It was quite a surprise when Mr Gove popped out of the car beside me with a group of Chums.  Mr Gove waved at me and Mary congratulated him on his new Bill which acknowledges that Animals (including Badgers) are sentient and should be treated kindly.  

Sentient means that we have feelings and can think!!!!!  It also says that people should be punished for hurting Animals.  Since Mr Gove is responsible for killing 19,274 Badger friends this Autumn, if he gets the Bill turned into Law I imagine that he will be one of the first people to be imprisoned... Mary says that he will avoid that by saying that killing my friends was necessary therefore doesn't count, but all sensible know that killing Badgers certainly isn't necessary at all.  

My paws got very cold and wet today but I met some kind people and that made my DEFRA time bearable.  One nice Huwoman with yellow fur on her head offered to buy me a coffee; another Human said he would get me something to eat from Pret, but when I told him what I wanted he said that they don't sell worms... 



I am sure there would be a demand for them.    As you can see from the picture they sell cake and wraps and sushi. I think sushi is just rice and slimy dead fish and seaweed, so it is not that different from worms.  Nor is pasta.  They could sell worms in nice packages and call them something trendy such as Earth Spaghetti or Wormetti...


Two Humen shook my paw and congratulated me for what I was doing... I was only standing there, but I smiled anyway.....  I had lots of smiles and waves and hellos.  One Huwoman I spoke to had no idea that DEFRA had killed so many Badgers- and she worked in the offices

In my hours of vigil I got to thinking about a few things.  One of these is how Hupeople smell so strongly.  Do you know how much you smell?  Sometimes you smell so bad that I want to run away very fast.  I think the bad smell comes from these glass bottles and spray cans that, especially Huwomen, spray on their bodies and fur.  I think it is called perfume and hairspray.  One sniff and my poor nose starts to hurt.  I really can't understand why Humans don't want to smell like Humans...  Then there are those Hupeople who suck smoke from the white fire tubes.  I can smell them and their smoke a mile away. 



I don't think I will ever understand Hupeople.  

Mary wrote to Conservatories against the Cull this morning but she hasn't heard back from them yet...  We are also still waiting for a reply to our email to DEFRA in December.  You might have seen it on my earlier BLog. They promised to write back in 15 days but that hasn't happened.  Perhaps they are trying really really hard to find a reason why the Badger Cull is happening. 

I am also very sad that Mr Gove refused my request to have an appointment with him; still, I do see him most Thursdays and he might soon learn that I won't bite him and I definitely don't have TB and he might invite me in to the DEFRA sett for a little chat. 
Next time I write my BLog, I want to tell you my new theory about why the Conservatories are killing Badgers.  Blaming us for causing Bovine TB is just a smokescreen.  Here is a clue....  



Night Night,

Betty  Badger🐾🐾

8 comments:

  1. Please will you subscribe me, I'm fighting for badgers too.
    wendewellspring@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wende. Thank you leaving a comment. I am not sure how I can formally subscribe you but I will let you when I do another page. Keep up the good work.

      Betty and Mary xx

      Delete
  2. I don't think that I've ever followed a blog before but there must be an easy way to do so, if only I knew how to find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wende. Hoping that you get this. Betty has just published a new blog. 💗🐾

      Delete
  3. Dear Wende, there should be a little box on the lower right , below the comments section, which says "Notify me". Tick that box and every time Betty creates a new post you will get a mail to the address you use to sign in.
    All the best with your Badger work,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Betty, I am sure some Hupeople would love Wormetti. However I am not sure your friend Mary would eat it. She is a Vegawoman, so she tends to grazes like the ruminants, peck like the birds, and gather like the squirrels. So you see she does no harm to any other sentient being.
    Mary is not a burrower like yourself. At least I have not seen her doing it. I will have to ask her.
    I am glad that Mary is being treated kindly by strangers when she goes to sniff around Mr. Gove's sett.
    Take Good Care of yourself Betty, and give my love to Mary,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Betty, Mary and Tom. I had a little shuffle on the internet just now, and you'll never guess what I found!

    https://unclejimswormfarm.com/can-you-eat-worms/

    YUM YUM!!

    Love
    Wendé

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's interesting! But I think I will leave the worms for the Badgers...

      Delete