Wednesday 13 December 2017

Betty Badger is indisposed

Although I would very much like to go on my weekly journey to see my DEFRA friends tomorrow, I have caught a cold and am not very well with a bad cough.  I might risk the freezing weather but the real problem is that if I cough then the Badger Haters at DEFRA will probably catch me with a big net and exterminate accusing me of having BTB. I know that all the Badger Lovers at DEFRA would try to save me but I don't want to take the risk.

So I will stay in my lovely snug sett and get well.  In any case we have had lots of snow down here and we Badgers like to stay at home when it snows.  Here is a view from a field near our sett: 
 
The worst thing about snow is not the cold but the fact that not very nice Humen will sometimes track our paw prints in the snow and hurt us.  I make sure the Cubs stay inside on snowy days.

I am sorry that I won't see Mr Gove tomorrow because I wanted to thank him for promising to introduce an new law that will protect Animals.  I hope that includes Badgers.  Mr Gove always looks lovely and smart and he has a mate, a Huwoman called Sarah Vine who writes for a newspaper called The Daily Mail.  She likes to give her opinions on things, a bit like I do except that she gets paid.  I might send her my blog and see if she is on the side of Badgers.

While sheltering from the snow, I have been musing a little more on Nature's sense of humour.  Last time I wrote I mentioned Peacocks and the Fallow Deer with trees growing out of their heads.  Here is a picture in case you didn't believe me: 


Perhaps even more strange is that Humen shoot the Deer, chop their heads off and hang them on their walls in their nests.  Can you believe that?  

My Human friend Bob also told me about some other strange animals that we don't get in England, except in zoos which are a kind of prison that animals are never released from them.  If they do ever escape they are always shot "for the safety of the public".  You might have heard about  that Lynx that was shot last month in Wales which is not far from here.  The poor Cat only wanted to be free.  Here is a picture of a Lynx:



And then there are Giraffes.  Imagine having such a long neck.  We Badgers don't really have necks...  I suppose they are handy for reaching the tops of trees and also for seeing long distances to see if there are any Bad Humen coming our way. This Giraffe is also dead because some Humen like killing Creatures with their flash bang guns.


The nights are very long now and because the Earth is so hard with the Cold we don't get many worms to eat.  But I am not worried because I have layers of lovely fat that will keep me going over the Cold Months. 

Time for a rest.

Night, Night

Betty🐾🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment