Friday 2 November 2018

Betty Badger Goes Green

Hello Betty Fans!
Today I met a Green Huwoman called Caroline Lucas. Apparently she is an MP and a very important Leader.  We had our picture taken together and she likes Badgers.  She said that she has argued against the Badger Kill-Cull and she will carry on fighting against it.  I want to be her friend as she is kind and clever and has a smile that made me feel less sad. Here is her picture:

Another kind Badger-loving MP called Chris Williamson has organised a debate on the Badger Kill-Cull with all the MPs next Tuesday in a big House called The Commons or Parlyment . Me and Mary and some of our Badger friends are going along to stand outside. 
This is Chris Williamson:

But I am not too hopeful that anything will change, even though we all know that killing Badgers is unscientific, cruel and cannot stop TB. The Conservatories are in charge and they can do what they like and we know that most of them hate Badgers, with a few exceptions. Mary said I am jaundiced and I thought she meant I'd turned yellow, but she said it also means "affected by bitterness, resentment and cynicism" .  She is probably right, especially since my cub Bryony was shot.

Last Thursday my Human friends Vanessa and David came to see me again with their Badger body coverings and big signs.  Here they are:

They gave me an iced bun topped with sticky icing and stuck to my teeth. I loved it. The buns come from Marks and Spencer and they are Vegan, which means that they don't have any animal bits in, such as Cow breast milk or Pig fat. Here is a picture of the bun:

Vanessa And David did something very important to help my grieving over Bryony,  They made a lovely wreath which we put next to Bryony's body outside DEFRA.  They are very talented Hupeople


And here is another one of their signs and me with Bryony's Body


Today it was very cold and wet and on top of that Mary's metal box on wheels has died so we had to get expensive taxis or walk to get to DEFRA. Mary was not in a good mood so I suggested that we went into see our friends in Caffe Nero across the road from DEFRA.  We had a jolly time and Mary had a Soya Cappuccino which is all frothy and has chocolate on the top.  She actually paid money for it instead of getting it free which she sometimes does because Caffe Nero are kind to Badgers and their friends.  It made her happy and we got warm.  Here is the Cappuccino that worked its magic on Mary: 


Last week I was too sad to write my BLog but  as we walked through Pimlico Station we were once again given heart by the positive messages that they leave for us. Here is last week's:

So even though we have felt like giving up the fight since Bryony died, we will not be beaten by those wicked people who will not listen to sense and science and stop killing Badger folk.

We had lots of adventures in the past couple of weeks.  On our way to DEFRA we were reminded about how clever Hupeople are...... sometimes.  There was a Human digging lots of deep holes while sitting down!

And we saw huge metal creatures carrying things around the sky to make new high setts.  I would be very dizzy if I had to live in one of those.  I have to admit that  Hupeople are very inventive.  We Badgers only have our claws to make holes but I think we do pretty well. Hupeople talk a lot about growth and progress but I suppose that we Badgers are pretty content with our lives so don't need to dig deeper or build higher.  


Last week the Pimlico Homeless Dog had a limp and we worried about him. Today he looked happier as he sat on the bed he shares with his Human. Mary is keeping an eye on the Dog. I wonder if he and the Human share their fleas? We do in our sett. 



Did I tell you that Me and Mary have joined a choir?  We like the choir because for our warm-up song we sang the William Tell Overture with the words:

Michael Gove, Michael Gove Michael Gove Gove Gove,
Michael Gove, Michael Gove Michael Gove Gove Gove,
Michael Gove, Michael Gove Michael Gove Gove Gove,
Michael Gove is a ****  ****  ****  ****    

The **** is a very rude word that I am too polite to write here.


Mary has decided to learn to shoot.  I am not sure it's such a good idea because she does get very angry with Hupeople who hurt animals.   I doubt if she will get a licence from the police.  If she does I recommend that you stay away from her area a keep a close eye out for these signs:


Time to get out and clear the sett and put in new winter bedding.  We will be spending a lot of time underground and it may be hard for Mary to persuade me to get out of my nice snug nest.  But we have to keep telling Hupeople about the cruel Kill-Cull so I am sure I will see some of my DEFRA friends next week.

Love to all Badger-Lovers.

Betty 🐾🐾🐾

2 comments:

  1. Well done Betty for sounding so positive again-and for your very amusing observations on Hupeople and their antics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kay. Sometimes you just have to put one paw in front of the other and keep going. Lovely Hupeople like you make that easier. Betty xxx

    ReplyDelete