Tuesday 29 May 2018

Betty saves a Life


Image result for bumble bee images

Hello Hupeople!  Betty here.  

This will be a very short story today because I am feeling too downhearted to write much.

Anyway, the good news is that I spent 2 sunny Thursdays outside DEFRA but I didn't see Mr Gove.  I think he is hiding from me and Mary because he has announced that he is going to kill thousands and thousands of Badger folk this year  Some people are saying he will slaughter 150,000 of my friends. I can't believe this but Mary is too upset to be much help in sorting out the facts.  She has taken to her bed with her head under the Duvet and refuses to leave, so I am not sure if I will get to DEFRA this week.

But I am trying to focus on the good things while I have a good think about what we can do to stop the wickedness.  One good thing is that I helped save the life of another Creature.  One of my DEFRA friends is a Human I call Tim but I don't know if that is his name.  He rushed up to me with a sick Bee and he wanted to save its life.  The picture above is a Bee like the one Tim brought me.

Bees are quite a rarity in Marsham Street because there are not many flowers. The Daily Llama said that everything that has life wants to live- even Bees- and Badgers.  I don't want me or my cubs to be shot by Mr Gove and his wicked stupid farmer friends. Mr Gove is going to give them £50 for every Badger they kill.  Here is what I stole off the internet about the Llama.

Image result for dalai lama everything that has life wants to live

Anyway, I worked out that the Bee was probably short of fuel because of the lack of nectar so I chewed up one of my sweet cereal bars and gave the Bee my sweet spit.  It soon perked up and flew away.  Tim said that it probably flew away to avoid a huge Badger spitting on it again. 

If you read my earlier BLogs you might recall that we Badgers have a taste for honey and will dig out a Bee House.  We don't want to hurt the Bees but we can't resist the honey, just like Pooh.

Image result for pooh bear honey imagesI met a really horrible old Huwoman with a blue suit and white hair who was clearly a Conservatory.  She started to shout at me about how children who live on dairy farms have more TB bacteria than other children so it was all the fault of the Badgers.  I tried to say that perhaps Cows might have something to do with that but she just stormed off. 

The cubs are growing fast and are a great joy to me even though I do worry about them.  Here is a picture of some cubs to cheer us all up:

Image result for Badger cubs images

I have to stop now because I am feeling so sad.  It is so very hard to have any love for Hupeople but then I remember all the lovely kind Humen and Huwomen who go to the Killing fields and take risks to save our Badger Lives. Thank you to all the good Hupeople who are trying so hard to stop the madness and the killing.

Night Night,

Betty  🐾🐾

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that Betty - I'll make a special effort to be nice to Mary - tho that doesn't take any effort because she is such a lovely person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kay. Your support and that of other kind Hupeople keeps me fighting for my Badger Kin. Love and Badger Hugs. Betty xx

      Delete
  2. Dear Betty, how sad to hear that Mr. Gove has ordered the killing of more beautiful and innocent creatures. It is hard to know exactly why he does this. I hope that you and Mary will find it in you to keep on going to DEFRA. Whenever he sees you and does not order his security hupeople to drive you away there is a chance that his conscience will be awakened. Please give Mary a great big hug and lick. We all need warmth and love, especially in hard times like these. Love, Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tom, I have just found your message and Kay's message. (Mary has been having a bad technology week.) Perhaps the irrationality as well as the cruelty of trying to wipe out an ancient, noble and innocent species is what is so infuriating and depressing for Mary. The government knows that vaccination is more logical in the low TB risk areas. Meanwhile this simple badger just doesn't know what to do except stand and wave. Much Love, Betty x

      Delete
  3. A DARK DAY

    The Minister issued a decree -
    'Badgers must die - they are cursed by the Great God Mammon'.

    In the night as he slept, his Angel wept -
    'You bear the name of The Time Spirit*.'
    The Angel wept and watched.
    ------------
    In the Badger Suit the huwoman was hot and sticky.
    Her heart was breaking -
    In her heart she kept her fingers on the golden threads
    Weaving the fabric of her love
    - Her Angel guided those fingers in the darkness

    Darkness was in the air that hot summer day-
    Hidden in the darkness but ever so near
    Stood the Being of Love.
    Children like butterflies came and hugged the huwoman's legs.
    -------------
    In the forest
    Badgers dug for worms,
    Cubs rolled in the mud;
    A little pool of light and love.
    -------

    *Michael the Archangel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tom,
    I am moved to tears by your lovely Poem. Badgers are not known for weeping so you have definitely got under my thick furry hide! I really like the sound of those golden threads. Badgers have pretty poor eyesight so I will keep my eyes open for them. The threads sound like a very good thing that could unite kind Hupeople and Badgers. Mary has got out of her cave of misery now and is ready to plan a strategy to help me and my Badger friends. Thank you for making us feel less alone. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Mary are never alone Betty, that's for sure.But you cannot do this alone.Foxhuntingevidence.co.uk contains the contact details of most sympathetic MPs in the UK.Concerted lobbying from those affected counties is sorely needed imo.May I speak to Admin?

    ReplyDelete